Thursday, March 19, 2009

From the earth [a place to dine]


concept
my concept for this project derives from the garden vegetables that are grown for the meals that are served. so the idea is from the earth, and in my design this concept is shown through natural light organic furniture, terra-cotta tiles and stone, and wood.   i chose mostly natural materials and formed a 21st century farm style dining space.


The inspiration for my place to dine came from a personal approach.  for me i couldn't help but think of grandma, so my table design formed from this idea of a farm table, mostly due to the fact we eat garden produced foods at most family dinners.  i wanted the wood to be weathered and have a very rustic appearance.

so for my buffet i went with the same approach something simple but provided enough use. there are drawers located for silverware and a sink like indention for drinks that allow ice to surround them like a cooler.


this sketch image is the overall idea of my dinning space.  there are baywindows to bring in the natural light as well as skylights in the ceiling which are not shown here but is hinted in the wall section.  the stairs lead to the living space or great room as the double entrance leads into the kitchen.



Floorplan Layout

wall section

wall detail


No comments: